Menu
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email

Hi - i have not had my email since Monday  22 July - i have called 150 but they said the tool they use to reset is not working - try calling in 6 - 7 days!!

I use this acct for many things including business, the email is from the old dial up days, and yes i do have a VM account - can someone please help???

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email

Can you sign in to your billing account?  Is the virgin.net email address showing on either the my profile tab (scroll down to my services) or the manage accounts tab (see photos)

IF NOT - you have an orphan address and need to ask the Forum Team to see if your situation can be fixed with a Move & Transfer.  Not guaranteed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MissPasko
Yup i looked there first - no joy
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, you'll have to wait for the Forum Team - they are VM employees and can view your account in detail and get this referred to the email team if conditions are correct to do so.

I will warn you.  If the option is still available, you can only keep the emails from one profile - your old @virgin.net and any others created with it, OR the email addresses linked to your current billing account.  That is how the system is designed, so have a think about what you want to have.

Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there daley110, 

Cheers for popping by; sorry to understand that you're having issues with an old email address. 

What @MissPasko has advised is correct - you can only keep emails from one profile so if we did attempt to get your old virgin.net email address back your current emails from your new profile would need to be removed. 

It does sound like you have an orphaned email address (virgin.net) and as you advise this was from an old Dial-Up account. I must advise that the likelihood of being able to retrieve this email address is very slim - I am sorry. 

Do let us know if you would like us to attempt to retrieve the virgin.net email address and wipe any that you have currently listed on your new account. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

daley110
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

serious? slim chance? why all of a sudden does this happen. I have an NTLworld email also - is this going to just disappear too? You can probably imagine my desperation with now facing the task (if you cannot retrieve) of resetting dozens of services linked to this email - not only that everybody I have ever contacted with this email.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if your ntlworld email is not attached to your active account yes it will end up the same way.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We can try and retrieve this as my colleague confirmed, I am going to send you a private message, If you can respond I can try this. 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos