cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email

Gary-j-oleary
Joining in

I’m losing the will to live!

I’ve had a virgin.net email account for nearly 20 years but it suddenly stopped working this week. I’ve spent hours on the phone to virgin and talktalk who both claim the other is responsible. 
All I want is to recover some of the important emails, can anyone help please????

Anyone from Virgin there??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
then its bad news.
VM email requires an active VM account.
Your email should have been deleted 90 days after you left.
The system from time to time scans the database for accounts not deleted and cleans them up.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Talk talk has nothing to do with the vm email

First question are you still a VM internet customer and is the email attached to your current account or was it created under a old now closed account

No not a vm customer anymore, opened years ago under a now closed account 

Anonymous
Not applicable
then its bad news.
VM email requires an active VM account.
Your email should have been deleted 90 days after you left.
The system from time to time scans the database for accounts not deleted and cleans them up.

Is there anyway to recover the emails, as surely they’re still in existence somewhere, up to a few days ago it was working fine. 
It’s unbelievable that virgin don’t give you any notice that they are closing the account so you can back up/save the emails!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
there will be no way to recovery them.
They give you notice its part of the T&C that you will lose them 90 days after you leave. if you keep access you had free service for this time but as per the T&C you were on borrowed time. They would get deleted at any time

What a crap service!

Anonymous
Not applicable
crap service. Not really. You have no services.
you want free stuff from a business.

Why is it wrong to have a free service. Many other email services are free AOL, Proton, GMX......?

Why is it wrong for a business to be helpful ? How many virgin.net email account holders will be buying VrgnMedia services after their Mailboxes have been closed in this way.