cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email unavailable

Chris_W66
Joining in

Hi

I have a a virgin.net mail account which has 2 accounts with different addresses one of which is now unavailable but the other one isn't. I have a sim only plan with virginmedia and think that the email address should be reactivated. how do I this?

Chris

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Can I take it that you don't have a current broadband account with Virgin Media?

The issue is that using any of the VM email accounts (virgin.net, ntlworld.com, virginmedia.com or blueyonder.com) is provisional on you having a current broadband account otherwise the mailboxes should be deleted a couple of months after you leave.

The situation regarding the virgin.net addresses is slightly more complicated, but the above advice is still true and the likelihood is that the mailbox has either been deleted or is in the process of being deleted.

I would assume that the other mailbox isn't long for this world and if you do still have access to it then you need to copy out any emails that you want to keep, as once it's gone, it's really gone.

Naturally, if I have misunderstood, and you are a current VM broadband customer then, the forum staff should be able to assist with this when they get to this thread.

Hi

I am unable to get broadband services as they are not in my area but I do have a sim only package which is the only service I can use.

In all accounts then, the likelihood is that the mailbox and email address has been deleted and is beyond any recovery. However once the forum team get to this thread (and I'll escalate it so hopefully they see it sooner rather than later), you should offer to get in touch with you and see if there is anything which can be done.

However I would assume, if I were you, that the mailbox is gone and won't be coming back.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chris_W66,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are unable to access your email account. As @jem101 has correctly advised, you would need to have an active broadband account with us in order to use the email address. 

I will pop you a PM so we can take some details and have a closer look into this for you. 

Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs