cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email stopped working

fimber1
Joining in

My virgin.net email has stopped working.  I use this email every day as my main email address.

I have not received any notification it is being de activated,  I stopped getting emails on Tuesday this week. I then tried to rest the password which worked, I manged to get into the email and set a forwarding address but new emails were not showing up in the Inbox throughboth the Internet access and the email application on my tablet and iPhone.

I phoned v8rgin and they said raise the issue here.

My email was active and holds a lot of important emails which I really need access to including holiday tickets etc. Can you please help?

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Assuming that you are a VM broadband customer, then your first course of action is to follow the instructions in the following thread regarding resetting the password on the email address.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Hi,

I've done all that. Reset password etc which worked sort of as I had visiblity of the email account but not able to send or receive emails then 24hours later now I just get the message Sorry your email address is not available make sure your using the correct password access etc or phone 150 which I did and they did I needed to post it on here after a long time on the phone speaking to a number of people.

They said the email might be deleted but I've had no warning and it was used daily.

Hello fimber1

I can have a look at this for you 

I will though be honest and advice that this email account may be deleted for good now

But I am happy to check and confirm 

I have sent you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fimber1

Thanks for those details 

I was able to locate the account details and the email 

But as this was linked to a former account 

The email has now been closed and will not be able to be accessed again 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Gareth_L