cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email stopped working

StueyBeg
Joining in

Hi

my virgin.net email has stopped working and has been closed down after 25 years.  I use this email address for everything.  Can it be switched back on please.  

i have heard that other peoples virgin.net have been switch back on so you can receive the emails but cannot send them. 
thanks

stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's all explained here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's all explained here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jem101
Superstar

@StueyBeg this is all critically dependent of whether or not you are a current VM broadband customer? If you are then once the forum team get to this threads, then I am sure they will do what can be done to restore access for you - but even this can not be guaranteed.

Now if you are not a current customer, then the outlook is somewhat more bleak. There have been cases in the past where access has been restored, albeit temporary More recently though, it has been reported by some members of the forum team that the back end IT staff are no longer willing to entertain any request to reactivate email addresses for non customers. However even more recently, there has been a case or two of this exact thing being done - I can only assume that behind the scenes, there are a number of possible scenarios, which all appear to be the same but actually are subtly different - some can be fixed by the forum team and some can't.

And all this is a long hand way of saying, set your expectations appropriately. If you are not a current VM broadband customer, then best to assume and work on the assumption that your email is gone. This may not be the case but don't be too optimistic.

John

Thanks for the help. My ex wife has an virgin media account and has got hers back but I cannot get virgin media where I live.  So think I am stuck. 

Hi StueyBeg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your email address. 

If you don't have an active Virgin Media Broadband account then we wouldn't be able to retrieve this. 

^Martin