cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email not working

timkatehills
Settling in

Hi,

Today the virgin.net email I use stopped working. Is there a problem?

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That depends on whether the email address concerned was properly attached to your Virgin Media broadband account.

You can check this by logging at the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs in your primary My Virgin Media online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That depends on whether the email address concerned was properly attached to your Virgin Media broadband account.

You can check this by logging at the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs in your primary My Virgin Media online account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for getting back to me Graham!

Yes, it's in my list of other Virgin Media accounts (as it's not my primary account, but the email I use most regularly)

Done nothing unusual today and the email stopped working at about 10am. Other virgin.net emails that I use occasionally are not affected

Tim

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case you should be able to unlock the address by following the instructions set out in this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

It can take up to an hour for the change to take effect.

Great! Thanks a lot Graham - I'll have a go!

Tim

Hi timkatehills

Thanks for posting and also thanks to @Graham_A for your comments.

Were you able to get this sorted? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

kathgoodwin
Joining in

Hi I  have the same issue several password changes and still cant access my email, have followed the instructions changed it via profile. Customer service are useless I'm afraid they keep saying its locked and the .net email doesn't work.

I've done virus scan, reset passwords reset the router, everything customer service have told me to do. But still cant get my email

Can anyone help please?

Hi @kathgoodwin

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you still unable to access your mail today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Email Still not working today and no promised call back from VM

Sorry to hear of this issue @kathgoodwin, I can see that you've started your own thread and have been issued with a response from a fellow member of our Community as well as a response from a member of our Forum team. 

Please drop a response on that thread, and we will be happy to assist you further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn