cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email not accessible

Tuning in

My virgin.net email now not available. I am a virgin media customer and virgin media appear not to be able to migrate my virgin.net emails to me? Had a test message sent to my virgin.net email, sender advised test message has not been rejected/returned. Why no notification to sender?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@0685 wrote:
I also require access to my emails as well (e.g. need to confirm medical appointments).

The Forum Team will advise on that. It helps that you are still a VM customer. If you were no longer a current customer regaining access to the account  would not have been possible.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@0685 wrote:

Why no notification to sender?

It seems that Virgin Media can block access to an email account, thus preventing you from signing in to the account via their Webmail service but they may not necessarily delete the mailbox itself.

That results in exactly the situation you describe. The account is still live and receiving emails but is inaccessible. Even more frustratingly, it can result in the "closed" VM email account continuing to forward spam emails to the customer's (or ex customer's) new email address while leaving them powerless to access the old account to stop that happening.

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) are best placed to investigate this for you and come up with a solution. At the very least they can arrange for the virgin.net email address to be fully deleted.

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take your details via the Forum's Private Message facility.

In the mean time please do not post your details or the email address on the forum.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for the response. I also require access to my emails as well (e.g. need to confirm medical appointments).

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@0685 wrote:
I also require access to my emails as well (e.g. need to confirm medical appointments).

The Forum Team will advise on that. It helps that you are still a VM customer. If you were no longer a current customer regaining access to the account  would not have been possible.

Coenoby

Thanks for the response. Have been and still am a Virgin Media customer (since approx 2000).

Hi 0685,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to access your email account recently.

I just wanted to expand on the point that Coenoby's point - if you have moved address at all during your time with us, and the email address was still linked to your old account under your previous address and not migrated over, it's possible that the address has now been deleted unfortunately, due to the fact that it's not attached to an active account.

Are you able to sign into your My Virgin Media account? If so, can you see your email account showing under your profile section?

Let us know

Beth

Beth

Thanks for the response. Regarding my virgin media account or emails I have not moved anything at all.
Suddenly had no access to virgin.net emails.

I have an active account and still unable to view emails.
I'm able to sign into my Virgin Media account however, I cannot see any email account showing under my profile section? In addition I'm unable to raise any new virgin email addresses either?

Thanks & regards

Hi @0685,

Have you ever had Virgin Media services whilst living at a previous address at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zachs

Only ever had virgin media at this address.

Kind regards

Hi @0685 I would like to establish whether or not your email address is linked to your account.  

I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee