cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email not accessible this morning

Mark102
On our wavelength

Hi, my virgin.net email address has suddenly stopped working this morning.  I contacted Virgin and they told me to speak to Talk Talk?  Talk Talk told me there was nothing they could do due to me not having any account history with them and i should go back to Virgin!  This email address is 20years old and I use it every day as my primary account, I need some help to recover it....PLEASE!

19 REPLIES 19

Mark102
On our wavelength

I am in exactly the same situation as far as losing access to my hugely valuable virgin.net email account, but have been given a completely different explanation as to why I have suddenly lost access without any prior notice!  Supposedly IT are working on retrieving the account!?!

@Mark102 It's not clear if you are a current broadband customer - but if you are, have you checked by logging into the my.virginmedia.com website and checking to make sure that the mailbox in question is associated with your account (assuming that this is a secondary email address)? If it is then try changing the password on it to something else, or using the forgotten password link and the security questions to reset it.

Incidentally, what you were told about mailboxes being mass-locked because of a security breech? Was that from the off shore call centre staff by any chance?

Mark102
On our wavelength

I am a current broadband customer, how do I associate my virgin.net account to my current broadband account?  

the info about the security issue was from the off shore call centre, do I assume this is not true?

Mark102
On our wavelength

Maybe I should have been clearer, my Virgin.net email (which I have lost access to) dates back to the 1990's to a much older Virgin account I had back then.  Following a break in service and various house moves I now have a new Virgin broadband account for my services today.  So my question is how do I recover my old Virgin.net email access, which I suddenly lost on Friday morning and then associate that to my current Virgin account?

Mark102
On our wavelength

On Friday i suddenly lost access to my Virgin.net email after over 20 years.  Despite requests on this forum, on Twitter and over the phone I am still none the wiser in finding out what has happened and how I can recover my email

Sorry to hear this is ongoing, Mark102, 

We are also working with you within the PMs and have asked you a question. Please work with us within the private thread so that we can maintain dialogue with you in one location.

Thanks,

Corey C

Mark102
On our wavelength

I haven't received a PM from you since Friday, which I answered immediately.  More than happy if you want to PM me to finally try to resolve this issue! 

Hi Mark,

We will answer you via the PM when we have any further information.

Regards

Paul.

Mark102
On our wavelength

Fortunately I have managed to resolve the issue myself and found a way to reset the password on my old account.  I have to say the support I received from Virgin across all channels was pretty poor to say the least and what I did receive was confused and contradictory. I would love to discuss my experience with someone if you wish to hear my feedback.  I would also like to discuss how I avoid a similar situation occurring in the future.

Hi @mark101,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you managed to get access and I am sorry for the poor experience.

If the email account is not tied to an active broadband service, there's no guarantees this won't happen again or the mailbox deleted as per our t&c's. As such, we would ask you to back up any important emails etc.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs