cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email address is blocked

Fletchbristol
Joining in

At about 4pm on Friday 3rd December my virgin.net email address stopped working - it's [deleted]@virgin.net.  I'm a Virgin Media broadband customer. When I log onto webmail I get the following message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Virgin Media customer services said that I need to talk to Talk Talk as they have taken over Virgin Media National customers (which I had absolutely no idea about). Predictably enough Talk Talk customer services didn't have a clue (I have no Talk Talk account) and referred me back to Virgin Media.

This is a disaster, my virgin.net account is my main business account and I'm waiting for a bunch of contracts to come through and need to work this weekend, 

Can anyone help?!

Thanks and best wishes,

Matthew Fletcher

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

11 REPLIES 11

Sololobo
Superstar

Is your virgin.net email address visible in the" Manage Accounts" section within your My Virgin Media?

If it is, follow the instructions provided here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If it's not, then your virgin.net email account may be considered "orphaned", see here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 

You'll have to ask Virgin Media to transfer your virgin.net email to your account (a Move and Transfer) but be aware this will permanently remove any existing email addresses currently associated with your account.

Talk Talk have nothing whatsoever to do with any Virgin Media email domains, why the help desk staff believe they do is a total mystery. Poor training perhaps? Ineptitude? A need to close calls by fair means or foul? 

Anyway, Virgin Media control the virgin.net email domain and VM are the only ones who can provide a resolution for you. Or not.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Many thanks for the info.  I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Fletch

I got the same response for Virgin Media customer services, again - virgin.net is not their problem, contact Talk Talk.

I will have to escalate to customer complaints - I'm stuffed workwise without access to my email account. 

If someone from Virgin Media (who actually knows what has been going on) could contact me asap that would be appreciated.

Fletch

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fletchbristol  I have already escalated this thread to the VM Forum Team so that it goes into their priority queue.  That will respond as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Fletchbristol, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've lost access to your email address.  I would like to have a look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Many thanks Graham

Best wishes,

Matt

Were you also the named account holder for the alternative email address please? 

Regards

Lee

Yes I was.

It may be under an old address of mine:

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Thanks and best wishes,

Matt

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

The account [Removed] is still available, but no access to the email.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]