Menu
JoshPendry
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email address compromised - trying to delete

Hello,

I have an old virgin.net email address I no longer use that has been hacked and is now sending out emails to my contacts. I’ve spoken on the phone and webchat to VM (and also talktalk...) and haven’t been able to get anywhere. Ideally I’d like this email address closed - although VM said this account was to be deactivated years ago I can still access the mailbox via the Apple Mail app so can see it is active (however I can’t login online, so not able to change password/close it myself annoyingly). 

It seems as if there are a few others currently posting similar issues, so hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help!

Thanks a lot,

Josh

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email address compromised - trying to delete

Hi there @JoshPendry

Welcome to our Community and for your first every post - sorry that you're having some issues with an old email address. These should deactivate around 90 days after you leave our family so I apologise if this is still active.

This is certainly something we can assist you with - as long as the account it is linked to is no longer active, we can get that deleted for you. 

I'll pop you a Private Message - just look for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for your Private Messages @JoshPendry

I can confirm that the request to close the email address in question has been submitted under reference number P010063929. The usually timescale for this is around 5 days but it can also be much sooner so I'll keep you posted once I have a reply. 

Cheers for your time  today - I'll be in touch. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Josh (@JoshPendry)

Please to advise that the IT ticket has been returned already and the email address has been fully closed and removed 🙂 

Thanks for your time today; have a great weekend. You know where we are if you need anything further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

JoshPendry
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great, thank you very much for your quick help with the issue!

Hope you have a great weekend too!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad that we managed to get it sorted before the weekend 🙂 

Hopefully the weather will stay nice enough - it seems it's been ages since we had some sunshine!

Cheers for popping back.

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jcatlett
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this is happening to me too with an old virgin.net account that I have not used for years. 

Please help, this is the third post. Have phoned helpline an they are unable to do it for me

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Jcatlett,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see a former E-Mail address has been compromised

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos