cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email accounts stopped working and some accounts deleted

soong-
Tuning in

I also loose access to the forum. 

I have had a virgin broadband account for 20 years + in fact since it was Blueyonder with no breaks in the contract.

In the past few years I have had email accounts orphaned and deleted and one recovered a couple of years ago.

I have two main accounts I would like to access as they were used for signing up to accounts linked to finance and I may have lost money as I do not have access anymore to change the email address on these accounts.

I can see some virgin.net accounts in my email inbox page but they now say when clicked on:

Error
Your e-mail account ********@virgin.net was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.

I can see the settings>accounts 

• E-Mail                                     Edit

1******@virgin.net                  Edit
    Account is disabled. 

2****@virginmedia.com            Edit

3*****@virginmedia.com          Edit

• 4****@virgin.net                      Edit
    Account is disabled.

*5***@virginmedia.com              Edit

6****@blueyonder.co.uk                 Edit

As no passwords I have for virgin.net accounts work I went to 

Manage Accounts; Manage Profiles; Manage other My Virgin Media Accounts and all I can see is:

2******virginmedia.com View/Change
3*****@virginmedia.com View/Change
4*****@virginmedia.com View/Change
******@virginmedia.com View/Change

So I cannot change my passwords for virgin.net accounts.

Are there different settings for the server on Virgin.net email addresses?

If anyone has an @Virgin.net email address still working can they post the server settings please.

4 REPLIES 4

soong-
Tuning in
Just to add I tried recovery.
For security reasons, all credentials are encrypted with your primary account password. If you change your primary password, your external accounts might stop working. In this case, you can use your old password to recover all account passwords.

Hi there @soong-

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry that you are facing this issue with your email! 

Can I just confirm, do you currently have an active broadband account with us that this email is attached to? 

Thank you.

And again I have to reset my password to log in here.
As I stated:
I have had a virgin broadband account for 20 years + in fact since it was Blueyonder with no breaks in the contract.
I am still with Virgin..... just.

Thank you for confirming @soong- and I'm so sorry the reset hasn't worked for you.

I'm going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.