cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email account suspended

Maxpow22
Tuning in

Hi,

My virgin.net email account has been frozen or suspended. It has asked me to reset the password but I am going around in circles on the website. Calling the Helpdesk hasn't helped and I have been cut off twice !!

Please can you give me access back to my email account.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is this relevant?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Maxpow22
Tuning in

Hi,

I also get an error message saying that something has gone wrong on Virgin’s side.

happy to post a picture of the error.

The problem is that I cannot reset my password.

thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What happens when you log into your account at MyVirginMedia? You should be able to change your email password there. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I get a screen come up saying “oops there is a problem (Code:def01).

I can sometimes try again, which then goes to another screen asking for DoB and mothers maiden name. Screen just freezes and doesn’t move forward.

If I try to edit account settings I get - 

“Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again“

Not the most helpful of web error messages !!

thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That sounds like there is something wrong with your account. You do have a current broadband contract?  I think you will have to wait for forum staff to pick this up. 

- jpeg1

Hi there @Maxpow22

Thank you so much for your post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you hear with us. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your email address! Can I just confirm do you have a current and active broadband account with us? 

Thank you.

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks for replying.

I don’t currently have a broadband account with Virgin (as Virgin wasn’t previously in the area). I do have an account number and area if that helps. I think the issue is just that I need to be able to change password.

thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you read the link I posted above, it explains why your account has been closed. 

- jpeg1

Hi jpeg1,

I understand what you are saying, however the account hasn’t been closed it has been suspended for a password change.

I believe the closing down of accounts is a separate discussion.

Thanks