cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email account hacked

daniel3199
Tuning in

Hi Beth,

i am currently in the same situation. my virgin.net email has been hacked and is being used fraudulently to set up accounts. i have no way to change the password and urgently need to be able to do this or shut the address down. 

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daniel3199 wrote:

i have no way to change the password and urgently need to be able to do this or shut the address down. 

I'll say straight away that I am not a Virgin Media employee but I have seen lots of posts such as yours on this forum over the years.

Sadly the situation is that unless your Virgin.net email account is linked to a current VM broadband package it is unlikely that VM staff will be help you fully recover your email account, they will only be able to arrange for it to be deleted.

One of the Forum Team (like @Beth_G ) will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so.

It would be worth posting back to confirm whether or not you are currently a VM broadband customer since that will almost certainly be the first thing the Team will ask you.

In any event, I hope this soon gets resolved for you one way  or the other.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou. Even if it’s deleted that would be better than what I’ve got now. Currently it’s being used for identity theft and opening new accounts, and I can’t stop it

And yes I am currently a virgin broadband subscriber 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@daniel3199 wrote:

And yes I am currently a virgin broadband subscriber 

Thanks for coming back with the update.

Since you are a VM broadband customer and the fact that the virgin.net account is being used for fraudulent purposes I have escalated this thread to the VM Forum  Team.

They will contact you via this thread, hopefully today.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou. It’s so stressful I’m just getting lots of hack attempts and fraudulent accounts set up and I can’t do much about it. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daniel3199 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs