cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email account hacked

Catbeed64
Tuning in

My virgin.net email account was hacked and I lost access to the account. I've had the account since year dot when Virgin offered free accounts. The account isn't linked to an service account and has never been an option but we have been Virgin media customers every since they bought out Eurobell. It won't accept a password reset. Virgin media support said I should use Google for support or go back to the site where I created the account! Does anyone know how to time travel? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin Media Forum Team staff should be able to confirm the status of the email account for you when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have an orphaned account.  For more information see this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

@Graham_A thank you for your reply the link is of interest too. While it seems that I have no choice but to except that my Virgin.net account is lost, I would like to have had the support of Virgin Media to tell me that the account is no longer being accessed by the hacker and that they are not forwarding my emails onto another address. As I work in IT for a global corporation, to say that there is no one who can check this can't be correct.  They say that if the account is not accessed for 90 days it will be deleted but what if the hacker is still accessing it!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin Media Forum Team staff should be able to confirm the status of the email account for you when they reach this thread in a day or so.

Hi Catbeed64,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for your post.

I'm really sorry to hear your account has been compromised. I completely understand your reasonings for wanting more support and to not be left in the dark with this, I'm disappointed that it's been the case.

I've sent you over a private message so I can take some details and have a look into this for you. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thank you,

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Catbeed64,

Thanks for chatting with me via private message. I'm so pleased I was able to help and you've now regained access to your email account.

If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch!

Thanks,

Beth

Hello.   Can you help urgently?!

My old virgin.net email account (not linked to broadband etc.) has also been hacked and I have been sent an email threat/ request for funds with them quoting my password.   I cannot change my password online and I really need to either change password or delete account straight away.

Thank you

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WSTSHT,

Thank you for your post, I can see you posted on another thread and we have PM'd you. Please keep to one thread so we can best assist.

Zoie

wayned81
Joining in

Hi my virgin.net account was hacked last month too. I've completely lost control of the account as they have changed my password. I spoke to someone at Virgin over the phone and was told they would contact me back but i haven't received any contact since. I would like to regain access to this account can anyone help please?

Hi Wayned81,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your email looked into, I am sorry you feel it's been compromised! I would be more than happy to look into this for you 🤗

Could I get some further information on why you feel it's been hacked please? 

Have you received any communication from the hackers at all? 

Could you tell me what happens when you try to login please?

Thanks,

Megan_L