cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email access

OrchardK
On our wavelength

First post so apologies if its mis placed.  I can see other threads about no access to Virgin.net mail for customers of other Virgin services but my situation appears different. 

I have no other facility accounts with Virgin, never have had any, solely my Virgin.Net email account for over 20 years.  As of Friday at 7pm the error message 'Sorry your mailbox is not available at the moment' has been the holding page.  Each time I contact customer service I get a different tale - I have been told its a tech issue that will be resolved soon, or that I have closed a Virgin utility account which is why my email is disabled, I have also been told to contact TalkTalk and even more curiously was just told now my account had been deleted by the 'back office' and 'secondary team ' 'due to the pandemic' - who then promptly cut me off when I asked how best to escalate the issue to any form of resolution

I totally appreciate its a free service, and have offered to take out a contract to resolve, but there has been no advance warning if indeed my account has been jettisoned by Virgin, I can't even get a mail client to imap/pop the mail across elsewhere as the passwords etc are not recognised, yet the account is still live as there is no bounce back.  As with all others affected, 20 years of financial, medical and personal info are tied up so any assistance much appreciated     

Thanks in advance 

Ken

12 REPLIES 12

jem101
Superstar

@OrchardK this is entirely the right place for your post and also the best chance of getting access back - as you have discovered, the offshore customer service staff can be quite creative at basically just making stuff up!

There have been a couple of instances of users in the same position as yourself, ie having a really old email address from ages back but no current VM broadband account and the forum team have managed to restore access to it on a purely temporary basis.

I will flag this for their attention and they should respond in it and offer to take some details from you via private message.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OrchardK thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to access your emails.  Have the steps here been of no use at all?

Regards

Lee_R

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thank you so much, that’s very reassuring 

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply Lee_R but I am unable to reset the password or progress any further than a page which doesn't recognise my log in details

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OrchardK

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you tried any of the steps above? How did you get on?

Regads

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OrchardK
On our wavelength

Thank you again jem101, I am so concerned that this has happened

OrchardK
On our wavelength

as per my message above i am unable to reset my password, thank you

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OrchardK
On our wavelength

thank you...!