cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email access

Mickbott
Joining in

I’ve seen many messages on here re virgin.net email access but not been able to work out the issue, so apologies for any duplication.

I am a VM customer and have been so for many, many years, and have had virgin.net email addresses since the 1990s (feel old).

One of my addresses has stopped working as of yesterday, whilst the other is still going strong.  I use them daily and have not had any issues to date.

I called the help desk, but they were unable to assist.  Any ideas what is happening or how I can access my email?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try signing in with the virgin.net primary account.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you follow the advice given here Email accounts locked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VIP - thanks for the suggestion but the accounts don’t appear to be linked to my main VM account, and because they are Virgin.net it doesn’t look like they can be associated. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try signing in with the virgin.net primary account.

VIP - Excellent spot and it has resolved the issue.  Changing the password on the virgin.net account was the solution.  Why the help desk did not know of this I am not sure, it would have saved a lot of time, but your assistance is much appreciated.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read issue is resolved.

FYI: with some urgency read Orphan Email accounts and take appropriate action to either preserve access to the virgin.net email accounts or find an alternative email service provider; whilst the latter may appear daunting it is IMHO the right choice.

Hi there @Mickbott

Thank you so much for your post and a huge thank you to 用心棒 for assisting and resolving this for us! 

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to the forums and a member of our Community or our staff will be happy to help.

Thanks again.