cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net account

TimHouston
Tuning in

Hi All,

First time poster. I have virgin.net account - it's still connected and working but constantly saying Inbox Full - even when it isn't. I've actually deleted thousands of old emails over recent weeks and months. Is there anything I can do? I've seen a number of the posts relating to dormant email accounts so I understand I'm up against it. I've had the account for well over 20 years and would love to keep it - is there anything at all I can do?

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are not a current broadband customer your account will be deleted eventually, it's far better to make provisions now for this than till wait untill it actually happens

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are not a current broadband customer your account will be deleted eventually, it's far better to make provisions now for this than till wait untill it actually happens

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply dannylau. When you say provisions, is there anything I can do to save/salvage the stuff that's there. As you might imagine, after twenty+ years I've got all sorts I'd like to be able to retain? Is there anyway to transfer the whole account across to a new provider? Or a way to have any future emails automatically diverted to a new account from a closed/dormant account? I'm a bit tech naïve so apologies if these questions seem dumb.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

you can forward all the emails, just highlight them all and click forward to the new address. you cannot divert emails that are sent to an address that no longer exists, you need to go to all service providers and change your email address.

The provider will send a confirmation email to your virgin address that will need to be opened and a confirm button clicked, this is the main reason you are far far better off doing this before the address is shut down

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. A new email address it will have to be then. It feels like losing an old friend!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: be aware that forwarded emails to your new email account will be listed there as from you and not the original sender nor original received date.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks