cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net Email Address Lost

Euan1971
Tuning in

My virgin.net address is no longer working and I cannot sign in. I have been told that, as the address is not linked to my VM account, there is nothing VM can do.

I have a Virgin mobile account that the address is linked to.

I have no idea how to access account, can anybody help please?

Being told Server says "Authentication Failed"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Euan1971,

I'm so glad we've got that sorted for you now.

If you do have any further queries then please don't hesitate to contact us again!

All the best and take care,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

Can I take it that you are not a current VM broadband customer? If so then I'm afraid that access to any of the VM branded email addresses is conditional on you being a current customer and as such the email address, mailbox and all of the emails within it are in the process of being deleted or have already been deleted.

If you are a VM broadband customer then most likely the old legacy virgin.net account was never properly associated with this BB account and as such is orphaned and still in danger of being deleted. The forum staff may be able to assist if this is the case but there are no guarantees. 

I am a Virgin Media account holder, yes.

They've told me my .net account not associated with my broadband/tv account but it is with mobile account but that is a different department. 

VM broadband/Tv and Virgin Mobile are two seperate companies even though they share the branding

The condition of using VM email is you have a working broadband service with tem, if not then it is likely as previously stated that it has been deleted/orphaned.

Even though you say you have a Virgin Meida account does it include broadband??

Yeah, I have broadband/phone/tv with Virgin. Part of package is SIM deal with Virgin Mobile. My .net address is linked to that.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you log into MyVirginMedia, the email account should be listed there. If it's not, there is just a slight chance that you could get it linked. But you should start using a new address. 

If you have used that email address as a contact for your phone account you should change it to another address otherwise you may not get account messages. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Euan1971,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for any issues faced with your emails, usually if the email isn't linked to a broadband account then we wouldn't be able to retrieve that for you.

From checking our service I can't seem to locate any details.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further and see whether or not it is retrievable.

Thanks, 

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Euan1971,

I'm so glad we've got that sorted for you now.

If you do have any further queries then please don't hesitate to contact us again!

All the best and take care,

Kain

Many thanks for your help Kain. So relieved to get this up and running again.

Thank you also to everybody on the community that replied to my post, much appreciated.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all Euan1971,

Like I said previously, if you do face any further issues then never hesitate to contact us again!

All the best!

Kain