cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media email deleted with no notice

jazzyjeans
Just joined

Hi. Today without any notice my virgin media email address has been deleted.  I didn't receive any notice that this would happen.  I have been using this account for nearly 20 years and desperately need access to the account to transfer emails out to another provider.

Is there any way I can have my email address for a short period of time again?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Are you still a Virginmedia Broadband customer, if you are not once an email address has been removed it cannot be activated or used again, if this is a virgin.net email address most of these email account should have been removed around 2014 when the ADSL service was sold off to TalkTalk.

When you started using the email address 20 yrs ago the T&C are quite clear that once account is closed email end 90 days after contract for broadband and 180 days for the ADSL / Dial Up service.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jazzyjeans,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue gaining access to your emails. Whilst we are unable to promise we can get you access, we can certainly take a look at things for you. 

In order to do that I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

tony_exluxy
Joining in
Hi Jazzyjeans Like yourself, my virgin email account was deleted last week without any notice. Also like yourself, I'd been using this account / email address for over 20 years - and I too need access to the account to transfer my email and contact names. We found your email online after doing a forum search. I see that you posted your email nearly two months ago - could you tell me if you had any success? Was Kath_F able to find anything out? Kind regards tony_exluxy

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tony_exluxy.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, are you a current Virgin Media customer with active services? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dear Sofia

If by active service you mean do I have an account that I can sign into and it recognises me - then yes.

I can sign into My Virgin Media and be told that my account number is removed , with an area reference of 34.

In My Profile, my username is removed

I have been using that as my email address since I first set up an email account in 1998, and Virgin was my ISP. I even paid for this service back then.

Yet despite all this, according to your not so helpful online help staff in India, I do not have an active account........and they even asked me when I disabled my account. To clarify - I have NEVER disabled this account......

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tony - Bad idea to  post personal data..!!  :: You should edit your post to disguise your email address/account number...

Thank you Albob - but it doesn't really matter, as Virgin have deleted this account anyway. That's what I'm complaining about!

Well thank you Mellisa_F - it's unfortunate that your colleagues in India couldn't be as efficient as you are