cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mail account deleted but email still hacked

nbaggie
Tuning in

Hi,

I recently moved house and wasn’t able to get Virgin Media broadband at the new house so therefor had to change provider which meant we no longer had access to any of our connected virgin media emails that were made through the virgin account (so we were told). However i still receive emails through the mail app on my phone. 

The email has since been hacked and the hacker has access to my emails but i can’t reset the password or lock the hacker out as it says the email account doesn’t exist on the virgin media website when i go to reset it. 

I’m stuck as to what i can do in this situation as i have no way of locking down the email and ultimately stopping the hacker from resetting or compromising any of my account created through the email. I’ve managed to move a lot of my account off the compromised email address and onto a different one but there will be some accounts that i have forgotten about that still use that email. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Nathan. 

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

You can check if the email a/c still exists with the link below :-

https://verifalia.com/validate-email

If it does not exist,  any emails from the old address maybe spam / scams with the sender's identity forged.

Thanks for the reply. 

I checked the email on the link you provided and it says the email is still deliverable, however i’m still unable to reset the password on the Virgin Media website as it’s saying ‘Please use the email you use to sign into My Virgin Media’. 

Thanks for coming back to us nbaggie, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi

i never received a private message to take this further, so just wondering when i might receive this as i still need assistance with this issue

Thanks. 

Hi, 

my husband has also been hacked in the last week, and after calling several times VM helpdesk, nothing has been done. We have reported it to the police as the hacker is now using our email to hack other people too. It is really bad and unacceptable that VM is not doing anything about it.

please if anyone knows how to change the password, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi @ncard23 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your husband's email has been hacked. I can see that you are speaking with another agent regrading this via private message. If you have any further questions or concerns, please directly them via private message to the agent for support. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley