cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin have deleted my email address without warning

JP1956
Joining in

My email address is no longer available after 25 years. Virgin cancelled yesterday without warning. At the moment they say they cannot reinstate it as it has been decommissioned. I have so much crucial information on this and 500 lost email addresses. They cannot help me on the phone as they cannot find my email address. I have no current account number. Was using...... virgin.net

Any help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

ernie2009
Dialled in

i find that unbelievable as ive been trying for 3 weeks now to get mine deleted and still waiting and you need yours and they deleted it. omg what is going on.😂😂😂

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ernie2009  There is a big difference between the two situations.  You should really stick to your own thread.  In your case you appear to be trying to get an alias of your primary email address deleted.  This is very difficult to achieve as it is tied to the primary username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JP1956,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry that your email address has been removed without warning, this should have been closed 90 days after your services were originally disconnected.

I can look into this to try and get you access to the mailbox but I cannot guarantee that this would be possible. I would need to send over a private message, so that we can confirm the concerned email address and see what we can do to get you back into your mailbox.

Please look out for my message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your patience with this issue @JP1956.

I have some bad news from the team, they are unable to restore the mailbox as it has been closed down on our system to be removed from the server as your email address is no longer associated to any account. I'm afraid that there is nothing else that we can do to get you back into your mailbox.

Regards,

Steven_L