cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin email with gmail

kb8
Joining in

I am setting up my new android phone.

I have set up set up gmail to access my Virgin email account, all is ok I can see Virgin emails ok.

However when I open up gmail on my phone the default inbox is my gmail account, how do I make my Virgin email the default inbox?

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kb8 wrote:

However when I open up gmail on my phone the default inbox is my gmail account, how do I make my Virgin email the default inbox?

I use the Gmail android app, I am not sure whether the IOS app is the same.

Once you've opened Gmail, click on the Profile picture, initial, or it may be just small empty circle, to the right of the email search box.

You will then see a list of all the email accounts you've added to Gmail. Presumably at the moment your Gmail address will be at the top above the line. If you want to change that, just tap on the address you want to be the default.

That's it!

Remember that default email address will also be the default address used when you compose a new email in Gmail.

Also, I am not sure that default will then be applied to every device that you have the Gmail app installed, I suspect not.

I hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kb8 wrote:

I use the Gmail android app, I am not sure whether the IOS app is the same.

Once you've opened Gmail, click on the Profile picture, initial, or it may be just small empty circle, to the right of the email search box.

You will then see a list of all the email accounts you've added to Gmail. Presumably at the moment your Gmail address will be at the top above the line. If you want to change that, just tap on the address you want to be the default.

That's it!

Remember that default email address will also be the default address used when you compose a new email in Gmail.

Also, I am not sure that default will then be applied to every device that you have the Gmail app installed, I suspect not.

I hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your instructions

Regards

Kevin