cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin and Ox App

Starann17
On our wavelength

I have had problems with ox app suite on chrome, but when I changed to use Microsoft Edge it was fine. Until today, and now I am getting the ox app suite screen in front on this too. I have cleared caches and searches etc on both, but cannot get past to access my emails. I'm not especially techy so can someone help please

23 REPLIES 23

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue occur when using browser's Incognito mode (press Ctrl + Shift + N)? If not then:

• close Incognito browsing window
  • copy the following text chrome://settings/siteData into brwoser's Location field and go to URL
  • enter the text virginmedia.com in the Search cookies field
  • select Remove all

Does the issue still occur?

This problem happened to me a few weeks ago. I tried various things, including reinstalling Chrome, and at some point it mended itself. I don't know if anything I tried worked. Today though... back to the useless broken OX APP screen. VM's response was a banal "call us if it's still a problem".

I have tried:

Chrome

Chrome after clearing cookies

Edge (cookies set to clear on exit)

Chrome Incognito.

Thanks for your response. Yes it is the same using incognito. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given the consistency with which the issue is occurring I can only think to suggest trying the following URL https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and should that also fail then the issue will be flagged to the forum team.

As a temporary workaround consider using an email client to access your emails; most will automatically configure themselves using your email address but in case not the recommended settings can be found here Email settings change

I've tried the URL and my emails flash on and off, I closed it after it had done it about 15 times without giving me time to click on one. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Progressive of a kind I guess. In Chrome or Edge press Ctrl + Shift  + M and select the Guest browsing mode then go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/. Does the issue occur there to?

Just tried that and the email page is just flashing on and off. 

However, I have found that my security software has a secure browser, and currently I am able to access my Virgin Media email using that. Whether it will continue to work I will see, as when I switched from Chrome to Bing it worked for several weeks, then the dreaded ox app suddenly appeared. 

Does this give any clues as to the cause of the problem?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the name of the:

• security software?
  • operating system being used?

It would also be useful to know if the browser's Console is logging any issues when the email pane is flashing on and off. To toggle  the Console on / off press Ctrl + Shift + J, for instance I only see the following single warning:
2021-11-15.jpeg

Avast security

Windows10

I have done what you said and the message I got was 

Error with Feature-Policy header: Unrecognised feature: 'vibrate' .