cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Webmail - Locked from sending mail

hobbs_s
Joining in

hello

I can receive email but get this message when sending, is this a call to the Technical Team, has my outgoing email been blocked ? 

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [ removed>] (421 - 421 4.1.0 SMTP417 Sending mailbox removedis locked. ;id=d7gtnj9RAEKeCd7gtn1oMZ;sid=d7gtnj9RAEKeC;mta=smtp3.tb;d=20220409;t=114735[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.135;

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hobbs_s wrote:

I can receive email but get this message when sending, is this a call to the Technical Team, has my outgoing email been blocked ? 

Sending mailbox removedis locked. ;id=.......

A few others have reported that same error on this forum. They can receive emails  in their Webmail account but not send them. Sadly it does not seem to be something that you can resolve yourself.

That means the options are that you can try calling Customer Services or waiting until one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) contact you via this thread. They will get your details by Private Message and raise this with the relevant IT Team to get it sorted for you.

I am assuming that you have a live VM Broadband account by the way, if you don't, then VM staff will be limited in the support they can provide.

In the meantime you could try resetting the password (if you have not tried that already). Experience suggests that will not resolve the problem but the VM staff will almost certainly suggest that you try that before they take things any further so you may as well pre-empt that at the outset.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mark, yes we do have a live Virginmedia Broadband account and I have changed my password.  Looks like a call to Technical Support then.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hobbs_s wrote:

Thanks Mark, yes we do have a live Virginmedia Broadband account and I have changed my password.  Looks like a call to Technical Support then.

Thanks for confirming all that, I'm not sure who Mark is though.

You can call Support or as I said in my post you could wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) contact you via this thread. They will get your details by Private Message and raise this with the relevant IT Team to get it sorted for you.

The Forum Team may well get to you either today or tomorrow , Edited to add, and with that Vikki_M from the Forum Team is on the case right now. 😊

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @hobbs_s

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your email account.

I am happy to take a look for you 🙂

I will send you a private message so we can do this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide