cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Web Site not working

ALF28
Super solver

All options not working- looks like I will have to install an email client to see my email?

Also profile, bills etc not working today 22/4/2022 at 1500 hours

something's gone wrong

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

It's something at our end, and we?re working as fast as we can to fix it.

If you try again later everything will be sorted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Need to do anything else?

Take me to:

My Virgin Media home

Virginmedia.com

Help & Support

Contact Us

alf28

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The site, related to account access and navigation, is a bit of a mess at the moment with bad links in a few areas.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Signing-in-Something-s-gone-wrong/m...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

ALF28
Super solver

I managed eventually to get into my email, I had to click "set up virgin media email" on your account, profile is still not working yet but bills seem ok, the web site is the worst layout I have seen, nothing works properly and has been like that along time and keeps changing, perhaps virgin need to employ a top class web site designer. Also you can not view your package only on the bill, so poor by virgin, the older web site worked fine and was much better in my opinion than the recent web site which is not to a proffessional good standard at all and taking many months to sort out.

If you then come out of email, can not get back in again, the virgin web site used to work- what has happened.

The old web site used to display completed bills and currrent bills so you see what how much the cost was in the current month up to date, this is no longer showing to monitor phone bills etc.

I will have to use an email client I think.

alf28

CORRECTION

The virgin web site does now show you package if you click on your package.

The site is changing regularly, and I noted a new section on landline phones, which seems to give options, not sure if this applies to the older cable connected phones only or to the new hub connected phones. I prefer the landline as it usually remaims working in powercuts.

The email, account details and profile are still not working. 1956 hours

alf28

The site, related to account access and navigation, is a bit of a mess at the moment with bad links in a few areas.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Signing-in-Something-s-gone-wrong/m...

I bet SOMETHONG WENT WRONG and most likely simply because there's A GLITCH IN THE MARIX! .....

The most useful features of the site are finding the 404 page. Like I don't know how to find it without even trying...

I got 99 problems but the Glitch ain't one of them. 

Tried checking my best bits when nobody was looking. Then clicked the link to see my Internet usage but must don't seem to be able to find that either. 

I have this problem too. I have been locked out of webmail at least 4 times in the last year. Yesterday I eventually spoke to a human being! I was told the problem would be solved by 11.20 pm. It was not and has not been solved at 9.40 this morning. There has recently been a second problem. When going into Virgin via Google I get the Virgin Shop page which has no email button. Frustrating random clicking brings up a page with the email symbol and then into the above problem.  Virgin are not far short of losing 24 year (top line) customers.

Update

The virign media web site and email are still faulty at 1036 hours on 23/04/2022.

I am suprised that there is not a backup working version that can be loaded rather than leave the faulty new website (and email) down across 2 days.

I have managed to access my virgin email using the thunderbird email client but even that was not easy, it would not download on my windows 11 laptop warning-

This site can’t provide a secure connection

download-installer.cdn.mozilla.net sent an invalid response.

However I managed to download the thunderbird email client onto my older windows 10 laptop and can now read my virgin email at last.

I note the help page is also down on the virgin media website.

HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

alf28

My email has been down for 2 days on my laptop I managed to speak to a human being who said they know of the problem and it will be 48 hours before it is fixed. When I asked why I can access my email on a phone and not on a laptop he couldn't give me an answer he said it shouldn't work on a phone. I don't think he knew what he was talking about as he is only working in a call centre and not a technician and is only reading an updated screen.

SparkyKarl
On our wavelength

This is beyond annoying. I'm getting the error also. I'm trying to change direct debit detials, or at least try to... but keep getting the same error every time I click on "Manage Direct Debit".. I'm pretty sure if I couldn't pay my bill they would disconnect my interent, but the fault lies in there area.

Thanks, 48 hours fix time is useful information, so there must be a breakdown/fault  or website down for some reason, affecting all of the UK.

This means the virgin media accounts can not be accessed or serviced or email accessed, yet no official explanation on the website to the cause or expected repair time.

The email client has no problem reading the virgin email which implies that the email servers are working but not linking to the virgin media web site.

alf28