cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Web Mail not working

paulzh
On our wavelength

My Virgin email is not working. When I try to open the webmail page I just get a message stating. Connection Error. This Service is not available right now.  Broadband is fine and my other email works fine - just virgin wont open webmail or send / receive email .  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
The answer is easy and works every time. Clear your browser cache and all virginmedia.com cookies. You may find it easier to clear all cookies. Different browsers do this different ways so Google to find out how for your browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

paulzh
On our wavelength
8 REPLIES 8

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
The answer is easy and works every time. Clear your browser cache and all virginmedia.com cookies. You may find it easier to clear all cookies. Different browsers do this different ways so Google to find out how for your browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This type of issue is usually resolved by clearing the browser cache and any cookies relating to virginmedia.

Alternatively try an incognito/private browsing window in your current browser as this will bypass the cookies or use a different browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

paulzh
On our wavelength

Thanks. I cleared all my Chrome cookies relating to Virgin, cleared the browser cache, shut chrome down and restarted.  Initially, the webmail page started no problem. I closed it down and opened My Virgin Media page and the Community page to come here and say thanks. I thought I would open up webmail again to be sure and once again it is not working - same probem

I can't need to keep clearing cookies every single time I need to use webmail - is this a known issue to Virgin as it makes webmail unuseable 

thanks 

paulzh
On our wavelength
see my reply please

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it isn't an issue with Virgin Media Mail but something in your browser is leading to the cookie becoming corrupt.  Usually once the cookies have been cleared the issue goes away.

Have you tried an alternative browser such as MS Edge?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

paulzh
On our wavelength

I have tried on Safari and that seems to be OK. I guess it must be an issue with Chrome compatibility.  It is odd though as it's worked for 5 years on chrome until now. Come to think of it I updated Chrome last week so maybe something broke then 

Hi paulzh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email address. 

From what you have advise it does sound like an issue with your web browser. 

Please do keep us posted on what happens. 

^Martin

I had this issue, raised it with Tech and it was resolved, (eventually) apparently VM had been making .some changes. which affect 'some accounts.' Nothing to do with clearing browsers or caches or anything else local. Everything we tried (together with Tech) failed until last Monday when all was solved following the broadcast of the window advising users.