cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Net address has disappeared after 20 years

JWalters
Tuning in

Hi Virgin Media, can you tell me the precise steps to rescue my virgin net email address, which I have had since the late '90s. It's disappeared and in its place I just have a screen telling me to wait an hour. It's been three days...

I gather I might need to sign up for a service, and that's fine. 

The bottom line: I need precise steps to rescue and restore my virgin net email.

Kind Regards

Jeremy

39 REPLIES 39

Hi Sofia, 

No, still not resolved. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Nik

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies about that Nik.

I can appreciate this is super frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I can see you're currently chatting with my colleague Travis over PM in a bid to get this resolved. 

Any issues, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

gspen
Joining in

Hi Virgin,

Our church Pastor has been using his virgin.net email for over 20 years and now it's all disappeared. 

The problem is that he had over 400 names/email addresses in his 'contacts' and now all these are lost. Is there anyway they could be retrieved or he could access his account to transfer them?

Kind Regards

Hi gspen,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about your Pastor's email address. 

Do you know if they still have an active Virgin Media broadband account?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

No, they don't have a Virgin broadband media account.

I can give you their email virgin.net address and that's all they have.

I hope you can help out still?

Kind Regards,

Gary 

Hi,

I've had no resolution from Virginmedia despite logging a call with them almost 3 weeks ago. 

Can anyone from Virgin on this forum help. Travis_M had responded to my messages on this forum but then said since 'since it's with the IT team it's out of scope'.

Regards 

Nik

Regards 

Nik

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gspen,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us your Pastor's issue. Unfortunately, in order to look into this issue further and discuss looking into their former account, we would need to speak with the account holder - the Pastor themselves. Please encourage them to get in touch with us via these Forums and create a post about their issue. 

Our team will be more than happy to help.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Niksach,

Thanks for coming back to us in regards to this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you fell that this issue has not been resolved. I can see that you have not responded to my colleagues last Private Message, you can get in touch again and see if there's any further updates on this in regards to your email account.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, am in the same boat. I use for my work and now am cut off.

Please help as I have no way of letting people know I am not just ignoring them and received no notification that I would be deleted!

I see that people have had this resolved and would be very grateful indeed!

Hi Netketch,

Yes, it's painful. I get it. 

Here's my advice: don't accept no for an answer. 

I had one Virgin Media chap help me and he categorically told me that he couldn't do a thing and that I had to 'move on'. A week later, out of the blue, a helpful lady from Virgin Media messaged me and said she could help. She restored my email fully and told me to extract all my email addresses and contacts asap. I did this and I'm very grateful to her. 

Moral of the story? Do not accept no for an answer

Hope that helps.

J