cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media has blocked your connecting ip.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot send emails due to a display of an error message on sending which happened only yesterday after a couple of successful emails had been sent. So quite random really!!

As above heading followed by the IP address then too many bad emails have been sent....... then visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport section:Email Sending Errors to request delisting.

I need to make contact with one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum to  arrange for my IP address to be removed from the blocked list by an appropriate Virgin Media technical team. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondered if you are also able to assist me please?

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the complete error message into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

Also consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot send emails due to a display of an error message on sending which happened only yesterday after a couple of successful emails had been sent. So quite random really!!

As above heading followed by the IP address then too many bad emails have been sent....... then visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport section:Email Sending Errors to request delisting.

I need to make contact with one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum to  arrange for my IP address to be removed from the blocked list by an appropriate Virgin Media technical team. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Steven,

Many thanks

Mike

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the complete error message into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

Also consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you might have guessed I'm new here so not too familiar yet with all of the links and routines to follow.

Thanks very much for your time and suggestion. I thought it might get picked up by a VM Networking Technician so didn't think I would have to create the netreport. Anyway, done it now and submitted.

I know it's not been hacked - just an issue with the IP address being blocked / blacklisted. Again I have checked and it's nothing more than the IP address at fault here. I hope 🙂

Thanks

Mike

ALF28
Super solver

I recently had an issue with blocking of my VM IP address connected with a Facebook when using forgot password when helping someone to access their Facebook, so they could not search for the email address.

However, by switching on a VPN that solved the problem, I can only think it is because the IP is dynamic and is therefore block listed on Spamhause Zen isp blocklist, so it may think it is activity by spammers/hackers.

This is an instance where a vpn can be useful.