Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media e-mail address 'not recognised', but clearly working

CalBFK21
Joining in

Hello,

Hoping someone has an idea on this one.

I don't know when this problem started as I don't sign into Webmail or my VM account often at all these days, but recently when trying to sign into Webmail or my VM account I am told that my details are incorrect (they aren't - as they work fine on my Android phone and Outlook client on my home PC to send and receive mail and I can set up e-mail on a different device using my current e-mail address and password).

If I try to reset my password I get an error message telling my my e-mail address is not valid (see screenshot below).  This cannot be correct as a) my e-mail still works and b) I had to use it to verify my identity to use these forums.

I spoke to 'support' who tell me that I am not registered and that I need to register my account.  This seems nonsensical as I have been a customer of VM for nearly 10 years without a problem and have used the online services for Webmail and My Account many times in the past.

Can anyone tell my why I no longer seem to exist - PS, VM are still happy to bill me nearly £100 a month and send the info to my VM e-mail address.

VM error.png

10 REPLIES 10

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear this @ChrisH1971

I'm going to pop you a PM so we can reset this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in top right hand corner of the screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide