cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Leaving my Octogenarian Mother cut off from email for 12 weeks and counting...

Dr_Fusion
Joining in

My Mother is in her 80s and lives alone. She relies on email to keep in touch with her siblings overseas and to manage her utilities.

On 30th August she suddenly lost access to her email mailbox. The mailbox is reported as 'unavailable'.  We reported this to Virgin a couple of days later when it did not resolve itself.  I contacted Virgin on their Social Media Channel in addition to customer services.

Despite constant chasing from  us, she still has no access to her email 12 weeks' later.

Each time Customer Service tries to sort out the issue by changing the password on my Mother's account and, when that doesn't resolve the issue, pass it on to 'engineering' marking it 'urgent'.

We are getting nowhere with customer service.

What is the next step?

3 REPLIES 3

nmcculloch
On our wavelength

The best idea is to set up a gmail or outlook email address for your Mother. Should you ever leave VM , then its best to have an email provider not associated with VM in my view.

Nick

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dr_Fusion

It's extremely disappointing to hear of the email problems experienced by your mother, specially with the need to be able to be contacted. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

To look into this further I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you and look forward to your reply.

Rob

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for letting me know Dr_Fusion, really pleased to hear your mother now has access to the email account again.

Rob