cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Gadget Rescue

Bootney
On our wavelength

From 23-24 April 2021 I could not receive any emails I tried for two for two days but could not fix this problem.

As a lost resort I call 0800 0147397 for help only to be FORCED to pay for a service I DO NOT WANT to fix this problem -

I Now have to pay a Virgin Media Gadget Rescue  £20 start up fee and for £5.00 for 6 months

Is this the norm for Virgin Media when a customer of over 20 year be forced to pay for a service to fix my email problem

20 REPLIES 20

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

So you say that you cannot receive emails did you check on https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox does the webmail work without any issue, which client are you using if not using the webmail, as the support from Virginmedia would end at the webmail application, and you would need 3rd party support for any email clients.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike

At the time No incoming webmail and No incoming mail to MS Outlook 2016.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

who suggested gadget rescue - its a legit service - pretty useless but thats another argument - it should not be offered for any VM service its for 3rd party stuff

you need to cancel it and there should be no cost

will flag the thread and see what VM make of it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

For at least webmail so you should not have been charged

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to have a look at it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Bootney, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I won't be able to cancel the subscription on my side as Gadget Rescue is part of a 3rd party company that works with us, but it should be easy enough to contact them and have a chat about cancelling. Please give them a call on 0800 014 7398, they will be more than happy to help. 

As for your original issue with your emails, where are things with this at the moment? 

Have you had any further help from us or the community in order to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Bootney
On our wavelength

Yes in resolved now

Hi Bootney,

Thanks for confirming that for me 🙂 I'm glad that's all resolved for you now then!

Please let us know if you have any more questions or issues on this matter.

However if not, I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Bootney
On our wavelength

Just am update it has NOT been resolved - I still have to £20.34 for a SERVICE i was forced to have

They have NOT REMOVE the GADGET RESCUE FEE of £20.34

Bootney
On our wavelength

Just am update it has NOT been resolved - I still have to £20.34 for a SERVICE i was forced to have

They have NOT REMOVE the GADGET RESCUE FEE of £20.34

How do I get this payment cancelled?????????????