Locked out of my emails ? 

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@max22781 wrote:

Locked out of my emails ? 

Does this help?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mjsp8
On our wavelength

Hi:

Had the same messafe and all devices checked with IoBit malware defender and all come up clear.

Dont know what else I can try

Malc

Ive changed my virgin media password about 1 hour ago. When i click on New Mail in Thunderbir I get the error message , Sending of password for user **************@blueyonder.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server pop3.virginmedia.com responded: Authentication failed.

Then on the next screen i get  , Login to server pop3.virginmedia.com with username ***************@blueyonder.co.uk failed.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you entered the new password into the relevant settings within Thunderbird?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Endinsight
Joining in

Been having this battle with VM for over 4 weeks now and to be honest no closer to finding a solution.

Been onto the relevant dept (customer services) who after awhile decide you need to talk to security services.

Talked to them and was given the run around several times before they setup a temporary password for me.

Used the password they gave, waited an hour, message pwd not recognised. so waited till next day and

guess what not recognised. 

If it was not for the fact that this particular email account is used for certain sites (banking etc) I would not 

be to bothered about it but one site will not let me change the email unless I can verify who I am but of

course the verification mail goes to the account I cannot access.

Oh well the hammers coming down on the VM coffin nails must be working overtime right now....

Hello Endinsight.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your locked email account
I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L