cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Email about Email?

mamachill
Dialled in

This morning I had an email with the Virgin Logo on & from this address: info@demo-websitedesignengine.com to say that Virgin are shutting down some of there email services from 14th July 22 and because my email is a secondary one that comes from my mother who is the account holder I won't automatically be upgraded to the new email system. If i want to keep my email I need to click on a link (which i haven't done yet incase its a scam?)  or if I don't want the email any more I click on another link?  Can Someone from Virgin confirm if this is real or scam please. My email is connected to everything & i do charity work so its vital I keep it. Thankyou in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Sololobo
Superstar

All the hallmarks of a scam, click nothing and delete the email.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mamachill  Definite scam attempt as reported here: Latest Phishing News 12/07/2022 - Virgin Media Community - 5065107

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ah, thankyou very much, I thought it was weird due to the address and also only giving two days to change over, but Virgin have recently changed the look of email and stuff so it also seemed plausable hence checking first, i will now delete, big thanks once again 🙂