Menu
TunbridgeWells
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Valid emails going into spam folder

I have a problem with incoming emails going to my spam folder instead of inbox.

Even if I set “Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox” or “Turn off all SPAM filtering”, they still go there. Adding filters, or adding the sender to my address book has no effect.

I called Virgin on 27th Jan, was transferred to 3 different people then got cut off. I called again on 29th Jan and got further, in that the person I spoke to said the issue would be passed to an engineer and they'd look at it the same day.

However, the problem hasn't been solved, and I don't have any support ticket reference, so I can't check whether they looked at it at all, and if so whether they gave up, or decided it was impossible to fix or whatever.

A common factor in the rejected emails is that the mail source contains the line

X-CNFS-Analysis: v=2.4 cv=bLzTnNyZ c=1 s... etc..

followed by
X-Spam-Action: folder Spam

Can this pleased be looked at by someone from the forum team? It's not the kind of thing the call centre staff can deal with.

I have the source from several emails.

Thanks,

Peter

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Valid emails going into spam folder

Hi, Peter.

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply. This is something we're investigating. In the meantime, please continue to mark the relevant emails as non-spam

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
TunbridgeWells
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Oddly enough, the problem seemed to disappear sometime yesterday - possibly in connection with your investigations?

I sent a test message at 10:34 which went (wrongly as usual) into spam.

Later I decided to send a message to a friend who also has an ntlworld address, which he received OK, then I sent another to myself, and that was also received OK - at 15:52.

Since then I've also received emails from mythic-beasts.com, which were previously going into spam, and I've received other test emails I've sent.

So it is fine at the moment. What was the problem? Was it something with the configuration at Cloudmark?

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TunbridgeWells, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the emails, I am glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you. This is still being investiated, please let us know if anything changes for you. Chris

0 Kudos