cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(VM603) aiwgm9Y1FZg2Caiwgm6cab

Siegfried
On our wavelength

I have an iMac, emails are via Mac Mail from VM email. I haven't opened my emails for a week until today I tried to respond to an email I have several email addresses and maybe tried to send an email via the wrong server. A window opened and indicated that 'Cannot send message using the server XXXXXX@virginmedia.com

Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) aiwgm9Y1FŹCaiwgm6cab

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click 'Tty Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Sending from: Joe Soap <XXXXXX@virginmedia.com>

List of :- Blueyonder.co.uk, Google, XXXXXX@virginmedia.com, Virginmedia

There are 5 options:- 'Edit SMTP Server List', 'Connection Doctor', 'Edit Message', 'Try Later', 'Try with selected Server'.

I tried 4 options but not 'Try Later'.  Then I got stupid and started deleting emails but Mac Mail App will not shut down now. Which means that The computer will not switch off. I have logged into Virgin Web Mail. There are 3 emails that have been placed into the SPAM box. The Mac Mail App has put these 3 into a Junk category.

Can anyone please suggest what I can do the clear the 'Jam'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Siegfried wrote:

I have an iMac, emails are via Mac Mail from VM email. I haven't opened my emails for a week until today I tried to respond to an email I have several email addresses and maybe tried to send an email via the wrong server. A window opened and indicated that 'Cannot send message using the server XXXXXX@virginmedia.com

Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) aiwgm9Y1FŹCaiwgm6cab

It is unlikely that you would be seeing the Spam Content Found warning if sending through an incorrect server

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click 'Tty Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

There are 5 options:- 'Edit SMTP Server List', 'Connection Doctor', 'Edit Message', 'Try Later', 'Try with selected Server'.

I tried 4 options but not 'Try Later'.  Then I got stupid and started deleting emails but Mac Mail App will not shut down now. Which means that The computer will not switch off. I have logged into Virgin Web Mail. There are 3 emails that have been placed into the SPAM box. The Mac Mail App has put these 3 into a Junk category.

In Mail select Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline, then Outbox folder, delete any pending emails, and finally Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online; should that fail then force quit Mail, see How to force an app to quit on your Mac

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Siegfried wrote:

It is unlikely that you would be seeing the Spam Content Found warning if sending through an incorrect server

In Mail select Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline, then Outbox folder, delete any pending emails, and finally Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online; should that fail then force quit Mail, see How to force an app to quit on your Mac

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're having an issue with your emails.

Have you been able to try what 用心棒 has suggested?

Alex_Rm