cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM has black listed my IP address. Can’t send emails on Wi-Fi from my home.

loobyloo11
Tuning in

My IP is blacklisted. Cannot send emails. Can send using my data or from other peoples wifi. 

despite ringing virgin for over 2 months nothing has been done. 

I need to contact internet security team but cannot seem to be put through

very frustrating 

15 REPLIES 15

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it blacklisted by Virgin Media or Spamhaus; if the former does it mention netreports?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

It’s blacklisted by virgin they have confirmed it to me in a call with gadget rescue and customer services but they say they cannot un list it and I have to wait for my IP address to change which surely can’t be right. I need proper technical support but they don’t seem capable of finding the right person to solve my problem

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code. If the cause is due to Virgin Media's blocklist  then go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the error message shown in the curl command output but not the command itself into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Should de-listing not occur then post back here to have the forum team investigate further.

How do I do this if I haven’t got a computer or laptop. I just use my iPad and iPhone

Not sure how Apple products would work with that command, doesnt work on Winblows unless using Win10 and above, curl is native to Linux.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@loobyloo11 wrote:
How do I do this if I haven’t got a computer or laptop. I just use my iPad and iPhone

Flagged to forum team who will hopefully be able to look at the notes made to determine which blacklist was identified and then advise how to proceed.

BTW I hope Gadget Rescue did not charge you

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@m00g wrote:

Not sure how Apple products would work with that command, doesnt work on Winblows unless using Win10 and above, curl is native to Linux.

MacOS and similar Unix-like operating system include curl; for Windows 8 you would need to download it from https://curl.se/.

Yea what i said.

No I told them I wasn’t paying for something that wasn’t my fault and that they couldn’t fix.