cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM email setings Port 25 issue

owengriff
On our wavelength

Hi all

I have been posting on here below. Ifor a few week snow and all help especially from ravenstar64 has been much appreciated. I am unable to set up any VM email account and send or forward emails as spamhaus have said that i have a spmbot on my port 25. I  use a hp laptop and an iphone 13 pro. Laptop has had a deep dive via maleware and is clean. Spamhaus removed the CSS block yesterday but within 20 mins they had reblocked it saying what ever i have is still there. VM wont help they say its my isse.  Ravenstar64 then gave me this post to follow but when i get to instrution 4 to 5 i dont see the capture window that is shwn mine is stll blank , can anyone help?

Searching for Spambots on your network. - Virgin Media Community - 4087596

24 REPLIES 24

Set up an email address on Gmail or Outlook or any other public email service.

I have but still need access to this email address to start the conversion process to gmail etc

Most customers do not have any difficulty registering or using a public POP3/IMAP/SMTP email service

What is carefully being omitted or withheld is usually what is making it impossible offer worthwhile advice.

This appears to be one of those situations.

Trouble is Spamhaus’ block prevents me setting up pop or imap. So until I find the culprit on port 25 I’m in limbo

Hi

How do i find the shiledup scan pleae? Is is easy to run and is there a youtube video perhaps?

Thanks

Very easy to run, it is on the GRC website link below.

This will scan the public IP of the Hub for exposed ports.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Ignore reports that ping was answered - ICMP ping that is a normal part of the internet.

thankyou a quick shildup scan prided this

THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS
DID NOT RESPOND TO OUR UPnP PROBES!

spamhaus belive it is something android based that spams at night...

as per shieldup report , port25 seems fine but it cant be as it is spamming

owengriff_0-1677403345843.png

Hey @owengriff, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing.
Please be aware that we stopped allowing the creation of new MyVM email accounts.
Apart from that, are you able to send a screenshot of the error? Try to avoid posting any personal information.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Was IP scanned confirmed as being the Hub's public IP with VM host name ?   ( i.e not a VPN or proxy exit point )

The Shields up scan reported Port 25 is not open for traffic from the public internet.

Meaning internet users on the outside of the home network not can send an email via Port 25 of your connection & this is the normal situation.