cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM email hacked

Royalps2
Joining in

Hi, my primary email account has been hacked and the password changed so that I cannot access it at all and I have tried to get VM to close it down but to no avail, I have set up a secondary account but this not give me full access to my VM account. Could someone please help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance 

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Royalps2, 

I am so sorry about this, I cannot imagine how stressful this must be. Are you unable to reset your password yourself? Is this a Virgin Media email address? If so you can change your password via your Virgin Media account, if it is not allowing you what error are you getting?

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Royalps2 wrote:

Hi, my primary email account has been hacked and the password changed

It may not have been hacked but simply locked by Virgin Media.

Exactly what error message do you get when you try to sign into your VM email address directly via the Virgin Media website? You can do that from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

If you get the "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour" message you need to follow the advice that VM have posted here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Royalps2

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the account there aren't any notes to indicate the mailbox has been locked due to suspicious activity, who advised the account had been 'hacked' or have you noticed any unusual activity?

Are you looking to set up your Virgin Media online account/app using different details? Let us know.

Rob

Hi, it was reported as being hacked by Amazon as there was a guy in London using my email address and card details which were on the Amazon website to have items delivered to a western union mail box. They also changed my password through the 'forgot password' portal so I couldn't stop the transactions. I have tried numerous times to get VM to shut down the address but for some reason they refuse to do so.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Royalps2, 

I am so sorry about this, I cannot imagine how stressful this must be. Are you unable to reset your password yourself? Is this a Virgin Media email address? If so you can change your password via your Virgin Media account, if it is not allowing you what error are you getting?

Zoie

Hi

As I have said previously, the email address was hacked and the hacker changed the password so I cannot access it at all and they used the address to buy things through Amazon who had my card details stored on their system. I then had to cancel all my cards and although the bank refunded me the credit card companies refused to saying it was my fault for storing my details online.

I would just like the address closed down but I'm getting nowhere with it, VM just keep saying that if its not used for 3 months then they would look at it again but I suspect that companies I've used in the past are still sending emails to it therefore it will never be idle for the 3 months. I'm just so frustrated at the lack of effort to help me.

Hi Royalps2

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to see if we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill