cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Notes missing from within iPhone Notes App

Tomotank
Joining in

Resetting email password now requires you to generate an app pwd for accessing email from third-party. Here is the problem, after generating the pwd and updating the imap settings suddenly the virgin media notes within the iPhone notes app are missing. The default account for notes is the VM account not iCloud. Unsure whether this is still an issue with VM not restoring their email service after technical fault? Literally all notes within that folder has disappeared immediately after verifying the imap pwd.. they not deleted as the is no recently deleted folder within notes?! 

15 REPLIES 15

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirm Settings > Mail > Accounts > Account name > Notes is active.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tomotank 👋 

Sorry to hear about this message regarding notes within your iPhone. 

Apologies for any confusion here, can you just clarify if the notes that are missing in the app were autogenerated by VM when going through the reset password process, or if this a note that you made yourself with the information you needed?

If you can also let us know how you got on with the advice from the community above. We can then offer further support if needed! 

You can find more information and updates regarding the recent email issue here 👉 Email issue - Page 4 - Virgin Media Community - 5345262. Thank you for your patience whilst we get things sorted! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Notes is still active. This is enabled, disabling it would result in deleting them from imap. 

All notes were added against the Virgin media account which uses imap settings. When you open iPhone notes app, there is iCloud and Virginmedia folders. As soon as you enable notes  within the email account settings it then appears under the notes app. Virginmedia is the default notes account and all notes were saved in that folder. Resetting the VM imap password resulted in all the virginmedia notes disappearing?! Are there still issues with VM email, as this all stems from emails still missing, have they been restored?

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our team are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise again for any inconvenience caused over the past two days. 

Rob

Sarahs1
Joining in

Hi.  I too am not able to see any of my notes.  I have not changed passwords or altered any settings.  I can only assume it is to do with all the historic folders still not restored by virgin.  I am keeping everything crossed that my emails and notes are restored this week as virgin state they will!! 

I dont use Notes so forgive me for asking.  But as this is saved to a IMAP folder - Do they show (and should they show, IE: can the OP check) on the webmail page to see if the notes are still stored in a "notes" folder?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, they can be viewed in webmail unless the account has received notification emails of being affected by the recent issue that resulted in loss of historical messages.

I contacted VM using their contact phone number, unfortunately the technical help had no idea about notes and whether the issue is associated with historical folders not being restored?! I tried to impressed upon them that someone technical should be able to advise if notes were affected by the email issues that they been experiencing. All that was said was, wait until historical email are restored and if notes are still missing then to call back. Not great help.. like you the fact that these are tied to imap I’m hopeful that these will sync once restored?