Menu
g0akc
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM Non Compliant with CISAS ruling

I referred an issue with my VM email, which VM were failing to act effectively and promptly on, to the CISAS (which is dealt with by the organisation CEDR) back in June 2019.  Eventually CISAS found (partially) in my favour and ordered VM to pay me compensation at the start of September. I won't give all the details here. 

VM have not paid me nor been in touch about it.  They have been deemed 'Non Compliant' with the adjudicator's decision and demand.  However, I'm still waiting for my money.  CISAS were supposed to be escalating the matter to VM's 'management'.

Has anyone had an award from CISAS/CEDR actually paid out?  It currently seems that VM pay lip service to the CISAS processes despite referring customers to it....

Not much point having an arbitration process if VM don't abide by the outcome/decision!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Non Compliant with CISAS ruling

First Ive seen of non compliance with a CEDR outcome.

Ive seen several threads where people have had decent outcomes with CISAS.

Not sure about the escalation route though- can you ask to see copies of correspondence sent? (To VM, not from)  Simply for date/time.

Compliance with adjudications DO take a while but June to October seems outwith the usual time scale

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi g0akc.

Thanks for posting, I am sorry to hear of this trouble. As you've taken the case to CISAS, all communication, regarding the complaint should be done via CISAS. If you feel Virgin have not adhered to the outcome of this case, please do contact CISAS and they will liaise with us relating this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
g0akc
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will keep chasing this with CISAS though they themselves have not been responsive at times.

I gather if VM continue to be uncooperative they could be stripped of their CISAS membership and reported to Ofcom.

I will progress it that far if necessary!

0 Kudos