Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VM Non Compliant with CISAS ruling

I referred an issue with my VM email, which VM were failing to act effectively and promptly on, to the CISAS (which is dealt with by the organisation CEDR) back in June 2019.  Eventually CISAS found (partially) in my favour and ordered VM to pay me compensation at the start of September. I won't give all the details here. 

VM have not paid me nor been in touch about it.  They have been deemed 'Non Compliant' with the adjudicator's decision and demand.  However, I'm still waiting for my money.  CISAS were supposed to be escalating the matter to VM's 'management'.

Has anyone had an award from CISAS/CEDR actually paid out?  It currently seems that VM pay lip service to the CISAS processes despite referring customers to it....

Not much point having an arbitration process if VM don't abide by the outcome/decision!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Non Compliant with CISAS ruling

First Ive seen of non compliance with a CEDR outcome.

Ive seen several threads where people have had decent outcomes with CISAS.

Not sure about the escalation route though- can you ask to see copies of correspondence sent? (To VM, not from)  Simply for date/time.

Compliance with adjudications DO take a while but June to October seems outwith the usual time scale

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi g0akc.

Thanks for posting, I am sorry to hear of this trouble. As you've taken the case to CISAS, all communication, regarding the complaint should be done via CISAS. If you feel Virgin have not adhered to the outcome of this case, please do contact CISAS and they will liaise with us relating this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I will keep chasing this with CISAS though they themselves have not been responsive at times.

I gather if VM continue to be uncooperative they could be stripped of their CISAS membership and reported to Ofcom.

I will progress it that far if necessary!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was awarded a sum by CISAS and was initially told that a cheque was being processed and would be sent to me but that it would take slightly longer due to Covid-19 problems. I sat back and waited, and waited, and waited and when I chased it up I was then told cheques could not be processed because the VM offshore entity which generates cheques had closed. I was told my VM account had been credited with the CISAS award and would be used to meet future monthly bills so no direct payment would be made. 

I have taken this up as I consider it unacceptable- firstly because I am very sceptical when a senior figure in VM says they have lost the functionality to send any cheque to anyone and secondly VM has no say whatsoever in how I spend the sum awarded by CISAS. And just for clarity, my montly bills are and always have been paid in full and on time.

Anyone suffered a similar experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you still get the money to spend. it will be in your bank from the money you find;t pay to VM for the bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I suffered the same. 4 months elapsed whilst VM remained non compliant with a decision in my favour. 

I sent numerous reminders to VM which went unanswered so in the end I sent Offcom a short email explaining the CISAS decision in my favour, the long delay and asking if OFFCOM could express their displeasure with the VM Senior Management Team. I copied VM in on that email.
VM sent a cheque the next day ....

I’d give that a try ... OFFCOM’s contact details are on their site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, thank you for your post. 

We cannot help any further with cases that are with CISAS you need to contact your case agent. 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

To be clear, I did eventually get a settlement cheque though I had to ring CISAS several times to get them to chase VM.

My VM account then got messed up as they showed the cheque as a debit then credit against it.  This triggered a letter suggesting I’d not paid my bill fully! I bad to call to get that sorted.  I mentioned this elsewhere on here.

I find VM customer service poor - nonetheless if a credit against your bill has been offered I’d accept that and move on.  Bear it in mind when your contract is up for renewal as mine is....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The case is no longer working with CISAS- they regard VM as having complied albeit in a very unsatisfactory way. I and they have never come across a situation where an independent arbitrator has awarded a claimant compensation and the company which is the subject of the complaint decides how and in what manner the claimant will spend the sum which has been awarded. Only VM could come up with that one!!

0 Kudos