Menu
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Using a new email account

Hi, I've just set up a new email account, in addition to my original name. How do I access it? When I log into "Email" from the home page the name I chose isn't there to select. Am I missing something here.

Any advice please anybody.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using a new email account

Hi JimboX

Are you talking about this page? If so, you have to type in the email address into the username box the first time.  But after that, your BROWSER will probably remember the option.  It depends on your browser settings.  Or is it some other problem - please tell us more - showing a picture helps, but obscure any personal details.

sign on.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissPasko

Thanks for the reply. Yest that's the page. I've keyed in my new username and it's now accepted that but it won't acknowledge the new password. I'll give it another try tomorrow and see if it will work then. Maybe it will take a little time to absorb all the new info.

I'll let you klnow

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My suggestion is to sign in with your original (primary) email address, and go to the accounts page (Click the Virgin red swirl at the top right corner)

Then click My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage Accounts

On the manage accounts tab, check that your new email address is there.  IF so, maybe change the password.  If not, you'll have to tell us - and someone in the community who knows about setting up accounts can give advice on the next step.  I can't recall setting mine up!

my accounts.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
JimboX
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Followed that and the new username was there but it still won't accept the new password. Then changed the password to the same as the original one and it won't accept that either.

The response is below.VM sign-in.jpg

Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimboX,

I'm hoping you've managed to resolve this since posting. But if you do still require assistance I shall be happy to help. Just reply to my PM with the requested information (purple envelope top right) and I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos