cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username/ password not recognised

stefan632
Tuning in

Have been getting this message 'We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again'. for some days now.

email.jpg

Username and password are correct and have not been changed at any time. I've tried the 'Forgotten  email or password?' option and it does not recognise either username or password in this option either. I can't log into the VM site either as it says the same thing.

Tried phoning 150 but there is no option to speak to someone about this problem.

29 REPLIES 29

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK, thanks for the update - sorry all of that was detailed on the update I received but it does seem like we're slowly making progress, I'll send a PM to proceed with the rest.

Tom 

stefan632
Tuning in

Hi Tom

I have access now and have changed the password you pm'd me to another one.

Many thanks for you help.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great thanks for the update - and your patience while we got this sorted 🙂

Tom 

Scottpad
Joining in

I've had exactly the same issue, after only days of signing up to vm all of a sudden can not log in, rang vm they have no recollection of my email address yet they send mail to that exact address telling me when my bill is late, frustrating to say the least

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottpad, sorry to hear you've encountered the same problem. Just to clarify - the email address we hold to send bills etc. can be separate to your online account. Have you registered an online account yet from here?

If so and that's still not working when trying to login then please get back to me via PM so we can help further.

Tom 

Hi

I am having a problem loging in to my cc online banking from my pc it doesnt recognize my user name

However i am able to login via the phone app.When trying the forgotten user id via the pc it doesnt recognise any details ie email address card number.It was all ok last time i loged in about 10 days ago.

whats the solution ?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I take it that you mean your Credit Card Online Banking tool, if so then the best people to contact would be your Credit Card supplier, as if that doesnt reconise you email address there is nothing that VM can do to help as they have no control over the account with your Credit Card Company.

If this is about Virgin Money account then they have no affiliation to Virginmedia Broadband / Mobile https://uk.virginmoney.com/contact/.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Shkelzen
Joining in

I'm having the exact same problem. Please can a mod help me its very frustrating

Hello Shkelzen

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums to make us aware.

Can you confirm if it is the My Virgin Media app you're having the problems accessing? If so, what error message do you get?

Have you tried the 'Forgotten Email and Password links?

Rob

OPratt
Joining in

I am now having exactly the same issue for all the same reasons - what was the solution please