Menu
pesty1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Username for virgin.net account suddenly stopped working

I have a virgin.net account that has worked fine for years, yesterday I found I couldn't log in, it kept telling me log in was wrong and endless capcha stuff. Online support tell me there is no email associated with my account..so I set up a new email address using a gmail account with new password so that I could log in to the virginmedia site (i was suddenly locked out of this with no warning too)  but this new login still won't get me access to my email box. it tries to get me to set up an new email account. I just want access to the virgin.net account, its my main email address, if virgin have shut this down, I've had no notice. Customer service has been very poor. Any suggestions welcome. I need to access in inbox urgently!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username for virgin.net account suddenly stopped working

If this describes you and your status with VM then you are plain out of luck unless you can access temporarily via an e-mail client.

If you are a VM broadband customer something might be done to help you regain access so post back and tell us.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Can-t-access-virgin-email-account/td-p/3907000

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
pesty1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

haha! I am a broadband customer so I can't understand why this has happened but I'm not getting any help from them. The webchat people just want to reset my password. When I explained that the verification email was going to an inbox that I was currently locked out of.. they stopped helping. It looks like they shut down a load of old virgin.net accounts on 1 Jan and mine was among them even though i'm a paying VM broadband customer. I hope I'm wrong ...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

have you ever had a break in services since you had that email?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You aren't wrong. It is likely that your virgin.net address is not associated with your current broadband account. It is possible to do this but it will be at the expense of any existing e-mail addresses on your account. You'll have to wait here for the VM Forum Team to respond. Upwards of a week at the moment, I'm afraid. Nothing else to be done.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
pesty1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, I've been a virgin customer for years and I pay on time via by DD so no breaks in using their service

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You'll still have to wait for the Forum Team to look at the mailbox and see what is going on, unless you want to tackle phone support again.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pesty1,

I shall be able to find out if your virgin.net address is linked, or not, to your current VM account. If it's not then we should be able to remedy that for you but let me take a look a first and we'll see what we can do. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope top right) requesting some details, I'll await your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Geoffers007
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My friend has experienced exactly the same problem since January 1st and has got nowhere via phone. I've now advised him to post here as it seems Jen might be able to help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just so you are aware Jen can only help if you have a current broadband account - (in your case you've stated you do), if your friend doesn't have broadband then she won't be able to help them.

A lot of virgin.net email accounts were associated with the old dial up and ADSL systems, so a good proportion of these accounts are orphan accounts that aren't liked to a current broadband service.

Jen will get to the bottom of the issue for you (she's good like that)  If the email address isn't linked to your current broadband service, then she can get it looked at, but you may have to make choices re email addresses.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.