cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed

GC-1
Joining in

There is no option for the internet /email when trying to contact someone for help at the call centre and my son needs to get his email account deleted. My son got his account many years ago through my account but I am no longer a Virgin Customer 

He has just had his email hacked and has been told by scammers that they have access to this camera and they have attempted to blackmail him.  He has had social media photos accessed.  Luckily nothing they can use. I need a contact number to give to my son so he can get it sorted. Any help clwoukd be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GC-1  The vast majority of these emails claiming to have access to email accounts are complete scams intended to scare the recipient into dealing with the scammer.

As the email account for your son was setup as a secondary account on your broadband account you will be the account 'holder' and as such you will need to contact VM to get the account fully deleted.  This should have happened 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband customer. The VM Forum Team staff should be able to assist you with this when they reach this thread.

You could try calling in but leaving it to the Forum Team is likely to be less painful.  If you do decide to ring The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GC-1  The vast majority of these emails claiming to have access to email accounts are complete scams intended to scare the recipient into dealing with the scammer.

As the email account for your son was setup as a secondary account on your broadband account you will be the account 'holder' and as such you will need to contact VM to get the account fully deleted.  This should have happened 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband customer. The VM Forum Team staff should be able to assist you with this when they reach this thread.

You could try calling in but leaving it to the Forum Team is likely to be less painful.  If you do decide to ring The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GC-1 👋.

Thanks for your post regarding issues with emails. We apologise that you have been facing this issue 😢. We can certainly assist you. We would need to invite you into a private message where we can look into this and get anything actioned to stop this. 

Please look out for the purple envelope (top right) and there will be a few questions in there that need to be answered. 

Regards.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina I gave opened you private message but can not see were to reply, please advise 

Thanks 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At the bottom of the message you should see a grey box with reply... in it.

Type your answers there and then press the red reply button that should appear.