cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent access needed to and old email

Jcxn7
Joining in

Hello,

Around a year ago I stopped being a virgin media customer. A long with this, my email account was terminated. It should be noted that I was given no warning of this, which would have been convenient. 

However, I really need access to this old email account to retrieve important login details for an account. I am asking that access can be given to my email account once again, even just for a small window of time. This is an urgent matter. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that once an email address has been deleted it cannot be re-enabled, as well as that you have been informed in the T&C that once you leave Virginmedia you email account will remain for 90 days. The Virginmedia staff will be unable to help you. You email address was an orphan have a look at these posts https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So I can’t even look at my emails just for a very short period of time? Not even to look at or change some details?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the systems that Virginmedia will not allow them to re-activate a deleted email without an account attached, as well if the email address has been deleted then due to GDPR it cannot be re-activated or used again.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So it’s possible to reactivate the email, but only if I’m a virgin media customer?

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If deleted then it cannot be re-activated or used again. I am afraid there is no solution for you.

Regards Mike

Well that’s just splendid Thankyou very much Richard Branson 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jcxn7 wrote:

Well that’s just splendid Thankyou very much Richard Branson 

It's nothing to do with Richard Branson, and hasn't been for many years.  Virgin Media is owned by Liberty Global, not Virgin Group.

Tim

My apologies, I shall redirect my thanks to liberty global.