cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating password on secondary email accounts

Lunartick
Tuning in

I have been trying to update the passwords on my secondary email accounts. When I get to the relevant page the only option available is to delete the email, there is no option to edit it.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lunartick  If you are seeing the delete option then you are logged into the primary account not the secondary account.  You need to log out and then log into the secondary account My Virgin Media page to change the password.  To do this you would need to know the existing secondary account password.

Each email address has it's own My Virgin Media account where you should be able to change passwords and other details.  However, if you don't know the current password you will need to try the forgotten password route here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

Providing security answers are set for the secondary address this should work.  Remember you need to enter the email address for the email account concerned not the primary one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately the process is just going round in circles. It asks for my email, I enter the secondary email I'm trying to reset, it then requests a birthdate and secret answer. I put in the only secret answer I have and it just keeps saying continue, and goes nowhere. If I select 'forgot email address' it asks for account number etc and then simply returns my primary account details, which I'm have no problems accessing.

I have 3 secondary email addresses which I need to modify but as far as I can see no way of getting to them.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That suggests security answers may not have been set for the secondary accounts.  The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread shortly.

Once you have regained access you should ensure that you set up the security answers through the individual my Virgin Media accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lunartick,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your secondary email at the moment. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see what I can do to help. I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This process did work before but since the outage I can't access the secondary account with this version.  Changing the password from Thunderbird raises the same error and trying it from within webmail comes back with Validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials