cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown reason for rejection of email due to spam

sdu60
On our wavelength

I have tried several times to email a company and keep getting returns as per below:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'info@fxkoi.com' on 03/09/2021 08:35

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) M3icm8s17z3wbM3idmqBY2
What does this mean, where is the spam? Is the address blackballed for some reason? 
Any comments would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the form team who are best placed to address this; be aware it can take them a few hour / days to respond.

FYI: issue is reproducible; Spam Content Found warning triggered by presence of text fxkoi.com.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the form team who are best placed to address this; be aware it can take them a few hour / days to respond.

FYI: issue is reproducible; Spam Content Found warning triggered by presence of text fxkoi.com.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @sdu60 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Would you possibly proved me with the name of the company you are trying to email? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

sdu60
On our wavelength

The reason for the spam rejection remains unknown but it appears to be cured. After some while trying various combinations of text wording and addresses spam rejections ceased to appear. 
I only wasted 2.5 hours getting over the problem which is a record for Virgin Media disasters. However as on previous occasions there was no indication from Virgin what the problem was and why it had resolved itself.

However many thanks to the VIP who looked into the problem.

sdu60
On our wavelength

The company email address was info@fxkoi.com  They could send emails to me but I could not send back.or reply 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that you have managed to resolved this. 

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

sdu60
On our wavelength

Rejection for unknown reasons has re occured. May be triggered by the name Moneta or by fxkoi. 

Here is the rejection text

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'info@fxkoi.com' on 09/09/2021 08:03

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) OE5jmMvT2RdC9OE5jmVKT8

More gobbly **bleep** - is it too much to hope that Virgin can provide a rational explanation? - or even sort it out.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The configuration data used by spam filters is updated at regular interval and is mostly an automated process. It is likely the last time fxkoi.com was identified as an attribute of spam it was cleared automatically after a period of no further reports occurred. The issue will likely clear itself again but it has been flagged to the forum team to see if a more lasting solution is appropriate.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sdu60,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your issue. I'm sorry to hear that this problem has re-occurred! I understand this must be quite frustrating.

We have raised this issue to our Internet Security team our Moderator Dan will be discussing this issue with them further.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @sdu60!

Our Internet security team would very much appreciate an example of the email headers and content so we can investigate further please 🙂

Feel free to PM me or Paulina with the details.

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules