Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unavailable Mailbox

blackouzi
Joining in

For the past 48hrs I've been seeing this while trying to sign in 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

I am very worried and angry because i purchase this and i still couldn't get in. I can't access my vital emails or check through my mail box i need this to be resolved as soon as possible to whom it may concern.

Regards,
John

10 REPLIES 10

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @blackouzi

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your mailbox at the moment!

Thank you to @albob for providing the correct links, which advise on what to do in this situation.

Do you have an active Virgin Media broadband account at the moment? Did you try the listed advice on this issue? Has this helped resolve the mailbox error?

Please let us know so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am finding it hard with the earlier option i want my mail box back on working as soon as possible 

Let’s start from the beginning. Are you a current VM broadband customer? If not then the chances are that your email has all been deleted and is now gone. However if you are a current customer, then if you follow the instructions in the first link in the post above, can you see the email address in question listed? If so then have you tried resetting the password for it?

chrispa
Tuning in

I have also lost access to my mailbox

I did the scan and changed the password 2 days ago and shortly afterwards regained access, and today access has gone again

This seems to be an on going issue for a number of people looking at the recent posts. Have VM made their malware checking too aggressive?

It looks like something must have changed recently

I, also, have never received the email they said they would send to notify of the suspected malware infection

This feels disgusting when you know you actually payed for this service and it is not being rendered, this is really affecting my daily work and it is still the same mailbox unavailable  

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @blackouzi,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. However, we need to know if you're an active Virgin Media broadband customer? If you are, then we can help.

However, if you are no longer a customer, as @jem101 advised, your mailbox would have been deleted. We aim to delete any emails that are linked to non-active accounts within 90 days after the service disconnection.

Please let us know what your situation is so we can do our best to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrispa,

Welcome to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same issue as the post creator. 

We would advise creating a separate post in these situations, so you have a dedicated post for your issue, and our staff can assist.

In your case, we would advise running the malware checks again and changing your password to something completely new and never used before. Then wait at least 10 minutes before trying to access your mailbox. Please let us know if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I am an active Virgin Media broadband customer. Hope that help