Menu
McQ-Ball
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to signin to Webmail or send mail from mobile phone

Hi,

For some reason I am no longer able to sign into mail.virginmedia.com.  All I get is a "Forbidden" Capture.PNG

As well as this, when I try to send an email from my phone I get Connection problem (525 5.7.0 Authentication Problem (VM321))

Capture.jpg

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to signin to Webmail or send mail from mobile phone

Forbidden in webmail is usually resolved by clearing browser cache and deleting cookies relating to Virginmedia, or by using a different browser or an 'in private'/'incognito' browser window.

The error code on the mobile suggests that you are using the wrong authentication details eg password to access the server.  The code specifically refers to too many invalid attempts in an hour.  The puts on a temporary lock which clears after a period of time.

Check that your email settings on the mobile match the unified settings set out here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/m-p/3369438#M141195

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For the webmail do a cookie and cache clear.

From what can I see, error 321 happens when too many invalid login attempts happen in certain period (it will clear itself automatically.) Check the settings on your phone against these: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/m-p/3369438

Once you've corrected the settings, just wait about an hour then try again.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
McQ-Ball
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Shelke,

I was getting this 321 error yesterday and hadn't tried again until about an hour ago but got the 321 error again Smiley Sad

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

McQ-Ball wrote:

Hey Shelke,

I was getting this 321 error yesterday and hadn't tried again until about an hour ago but got the 321 error again Smiley Sad

I believe this error code can also be triggered if someone else is attempting to use the VM smtp server with your email address but an incorrect password.

McQ-Ball
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you recommend changing the PW?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

McQ-Ball wrote:

Do you recommend changing the PW?

In the event where a hacker may be confident they have a correct variant of your password to make enough guesses at it, then yeap, you should change it.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
McQ-Ball
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20180113_094845.png

So I changed the PW and attempted to update the settings. But I then got this error... 

0 Kudos