cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive emails

sadman1
Tuning in

For the last 36 hours my wife has been unable to send or receive email on her @virginmedia.com account, getting a enter password message, tried webmail only for it to say not available. Being in our mid seventies and vulnerable at this difficult time for everyone this is one of our lifelines and of course when people don’t get a reply to their email they become concerned. So please get this sorted Virgin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sadman1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your wife is having an issue accessing her emails. 

It sounds as though the account may have been locked. To unlock it, all you will need to do is sign in to My Virgin Media and update the password to the email address to something new that's not been used before. 

This should automatically unlock the account within an hour. If not, pop back here to let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sadman1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your wife is having an issue accessing her emails. 

It sounds as though the account may have been locked. To unlock it, all you will need to do is sign in to My Virgin Media and update the password to the email address to something new that's not been used before. 

This should automatically unlock the account within an hour. If not, pop back here to let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for that problem solved a life saver.

VMs spam filters are the poorest in the business, as such it is easier for VM to label users with "suspicious activity" and lock accounts to reduce email traffic rather than fix their own issues.

Ive had four DORMANT accounts locked even though there is only incoming activity on them.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@m00g wrote:

VMs spam filters are the poorest in the business, as such it is easier for VM to label users with "suspicious activity" and lock accounts to reduce email traffic rather than fix their own issues.

Ive had four DORMANT accounts locked even though there is only incoming activity on them.

Consider creating a separate thread to pursue an answer to this issue because it is unlikely incoming emails are triggering the suspicious activity account lock.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks